Sunday, January 5, 2014

Snowboarding and Run #2 for 2014

Today was another georgous day! We loaded the kids and their gear up and headed to Snowbasin for the first time in 3 weeks since we've been sick. Pete is actually still not recovered, but he decided he'd just hang out with George today so it would be ok. I took the 3 older kids up the bunny hill. Mindy took off right away and we didn't see her again until half-way down when she caught back up to us after getting on the lift herself once she got to the bottom! Yay Mindy!

Elle had a really hard time and I guess she fell on her face while she was ahead of me and Ethan. She didn't seem to be hurt too badly, but she was really mad and just wanted to go home. She ended up taking her board off and walking most the way down! Arg! She hung out with Pete, Mindy and George at the bottom while Ethan and I went up for one more run. I was excited that he even wanted to go again because he started off feeling frustrated too, but then seemed to catch on and said he wanted to go right back up.

Here's one of Ethan's really awesome moments with the beautiful mountains behind him. He had a lot of fall down and get mad moments too. He actually took his snowboard off and threw it once. Ah! But I'm hoping the good moments will start to out number the bad ones more and more as we keep practicing. He does seem like he's starting to get it, though.


Pete took George over to the little kid park where they have a little magic carpet and they did that 4 or 5 times, and Pete said he was quite the trooper!

So I got 2 runs in on the bunny hill, which was fun for me and better than nothing. I love just being out there! I am excited to go up and get some more real runs in! Maybe after it snows again.

When we got home, I decided to take my new running outfit out for a spin. I have new shoes, a new soft, warm long sleeve shirt and a cute new vest that matches my shoes! I love them all! I went for a 5 minute walk, 10 minute run, 5 minute walk, just like on Friday. This one was outside, though, so it was infinately better, even with a half-way icy trail where I had to be extra careful! My achillies has still been feeling great and I didn't have any problems on this run either!

 Oh and some old people sunglasses. :)

After my run I did a 15 minute Nike Training Club workout. This one is a reward workout by Paula Radliff and appartuntly "it's the only workout you need" to "become a stronger and more efficient runner. "

I think they might be exagerating a bit, but it is a really good, quick workout so I'm hoping it does help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment